Bookkeeping & VAT (including MTD)
VAT and Bookkeeping Healthcheck
Worried about a VAT Inspection?
Our VAT Healthcheck service is designed to find any VAT issues before HMRC does.
Why not call us in prior to any visit?
The healthcheck can:
- Review and sample check your accounting records for errors
- Sample test the most common errors that the VAT inspectors look for
- Statistically analyse your completed VAT returns
- Sample check the completion of VAT returns
- Compare your VAT returns against your annual accounts
- Check the VAT treatment of your sales
- Consider whether you are making best use of relevant VAT schemes
- Ensure you are correctly applying the rules of VAT schemes
- Identify VAT planning opportunities.
Stressed out with bookkeeping?
Let us review your bookkeeping system to advise on…
- The right bookkeeping system for your business
- If the information being produced is accurate and reliable
- How you can spend less time keeping your books
- VAT errors
- Specific training needed for book-keeping staff
- How you could produce more relevant management information that is useful to manage your business
VAT Planning and Disputes
Having VAT issues with HMRC?
Compliance with VAT is becoming ever more complex. Investigations from HMRC can be intense – all the more important that you have an accountant who is successful in negotiations with them.
We take best advantage of the reliefs available and the interpretation of the regulations. This is an extremely important feature of the service provided as it ensures peace of mind for all our clients.
We can help you with VAT in the following ways:
- Applying for and advice on VAT registration
- Advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business
- Completion of VAT returns – either from your books or we can do the book-keeping for you. By letting us complete your VAT return it ensures that it will be accurate and that you don’t miss any opportunities to claim the VAT you should
- Dealing with VAT control visits
Dealing with any contentious disputes that arise with Customs
Need advice on whether to register for VAT?
For VAT registration we can assist with…
- Advising if you need to or if it would be beneficial to register
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities
- Advising on the best VAT schemes to use suitable to your business – some you have to notify HMRC you are using and some you don’t
VAT Returns & MTD (Making Tax Digital) Compliance
VAT Returns getting you down?
Compliance with VAT is complex. Investigations by HMRC can be intense – all the more important that your VAT returns are completed correctly.
There are three methods we can use to assist in completion of VAT returns…
- Let us do your book-keeping and we complete the return from there
- Give us your books and we’ll complete the return for you
- Provide training on how to complete your return
We complete VAT returns in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties.
We will also ensure that you are fully compliance with the requirements of Making Tax Digital
Stressed out with the paperwork?
Let us take it off your hands…
- Drop off or upload your invoices, bank statements, etc
- We do all the processing
- We can then easily prepare for you…
- Management Accounts
- Cash flow forecasts
- VAT Returns
- Key Performance Indicators
- End of Year Accounts
- Estimated Tax Liabilities as you go along so there’s no end of year surprises
It also makes it easy for us to handle Making Tax Digital and any VAT inspections.
We have particular expertise in Sage and Xero would be happy to help and advise you on all of the latest Apps and integrations available which could help your business. These include management reporting, cash flow forecasts, stock control, e-commerce, credit control and many more.
We can also assist with cloud accounting software migration. So please get in contact.
Working with you
Whether you're starting from scratch or have been in business for years you'll benefit from working with Freedman Frankl & Taylor advice on how to take you to the next level.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
As a valued member of our community, we appreciate the trust you place in us to make sure all your critical services continue.
We are committed to an evidence-led and common-sense approach to containing the coronavirus outbreak and mitigating its impact on employees, customers and our wider business operations.
Please be assured we are preparing for our services to continue as normal. We have business continuity plans in place to minimise the risk of infection and make sure we can continue to deliver a business-as-usual service to our customers should an infection occur at an office. These include implementing clear guidelines for employees, providing support and advice for anyone who needs to self-quarantine, and issuing guidance on following safe hygiene practices across the organisation.
You can find further information on Covid-19 below to keep you updated:
- Guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Support for business – Scotland
- Government advice to the public
- Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK
- Advice from the NHS